Rafts are created from three components - a base, a floor and propulsion. You must first construct a raft base with the various kinds of buoyant scrap you can find. A floor can then be added to the base from which propulsion and other attachments can be added.
Portions of the raft can be removed by striking the portion with a crude axe or refined axe. Nothing will drop, and the portion being removed will simply be destroyed, leaving the rest of the raft intact.
There are four different types of Raft Bases:
- Tyre Raft Base (requires 2 Tyres and 1 Lashing)
- Barrel Raft Base (requires 3 Barrel Scrap and 2 Lashings)
- Buoy Ball Raft Base (requires 5 Buoy Balls and 2 Lashings)
- Wood Bundle Raft Base ( Wood Sticks and Lashings)
There are five different types of Raft Floors:
- Driftwood Raft Floor (requires 4 Driftwood Sticks)
- Wood Raft Floor (requires 4 Wood Sticks)
- Plank Raft Floor (requires 2 Plank Scrap)
- Corrugated Raft Floors (requires 2 Corrugated Scrap)
- Steel Raft Floors (requires 2 Steel Scrap)
There are two types of installed propulsion mechanisms for rafts: