A plastic paddle.
Useful for paddling... Who knew.
|Usages||* Used with the Life Raft and Raft|
|Looted From||* Lockers on Shipwrecks|
The paddle is available to the player at the very start of the game - the paddle is a part of the life raft the player spawns it. The paddle will be automatically equipped when the player uses the life raft.
The paddle currently holds an infinite amount of durability and will not break. The player must have the paddle equipped in order to move around while on the life raft or raft; without the paddle, travelling to neighboring islands may be next to impossible.
- in V.014 the paddle has been added again as a permanent item available only when using the life raft
- in V.0.9.H1 the paddle is removed from the game is it serve no purpose anymore as you can build a raft with a sail
- Paddles cannot be crafted; if one loses the paddle and another cannot be accessed, they may pick up any loose object (e.g. a rock or a jerrycan) and drag it against the side of the raft while they are standing inside it. The game's physics will drag the raft through the water in the direction the player is pulling/pushing the object - if done correctly, the raft will travel at lightning speeds that rival even the "motor raft".
- A demonstration of this can be seen in this video (starting from 3:11): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9lAWopqrhc.
- Like other loot items, despite spending a considerable amount of time inside underwater shipwrecks, paddles (excluding the player's first paddle) manage to remain almost completely well-preserved, to the point where they can still be used as normal without worry of any potential breakages.
- If the player uses a paddle on land, it will still make the sound of it hitting the water. This is partly due to there only being one sound byte for the paddle when in use.